0

Create Your Own Education Jargon

Posted by TC on Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:55 PM
When I first began my graduate degree, I got hit by education jargon such as "Bloom's taxonomy", "Barrett's reading taxonomy", "grammar-translation approach" and a host of other equally mind-boggling words in my first Teacher Development class. The jargon was overwhelming and faintly ridiculous, as I recall.

So it was with much amusement that I read Valerie Strauss' post at The Answer Sheet on how to create your own education jargon. Apparently there is even a website that generates educational jargon. Here are some of my favourites:

grow top-down multiple intelligences

engage holistic competencies

synergize intuitive undefined









0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Textual Confessions All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.